Wednesday. The weekend is so close I can almost touch it. Almost. Sigh.
What does one do when feeling lazy, in need of energy, and hungry, and the mercury reads 40 degrees? One makes a quick summertime power lunch! And what’s quicker than some avocado toast and a smoothie?
Here’s how it’s done
- Warm up two slices of multigrain or protein bread.
- Smush half an avocado on each slice and mix in some raw garlic. (IF you’re worried about bad breath, chewing on a raw sage leaf afterwards fixes that problem)
- Crumble some Feta on top.
- Crack some fresh black pepper.
- Drizzle some balsamic vinegar. Some people prefer lemon juice, I prefer balsamic. Sometimes I skip this step altogether.
- Sprinkle some chili flakes if desired. I like all my savory food a little spicy!
- 3 big kale leaves
- 1 stalk of celery
- 3 slices of frozen pineapple
- 1/2 a green apple
- 5-6 goji berries
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon flaxmeal
- sprinkle of bee pollen
- 1/2 a teaspoon basil seeds
- 4-5 almonds
- 3 sukkary dates
- 3/4 cup coconut water
Blend all the ingredients together and voila.
Time to get back to my day job now….