I love incorporating Chia seeds and Flaxmeal into everything I can. I am happiest when these superfoods go undetected and my unsuspecting subjects cluelessly gobble down the dishes that are packed with way more goodness than they’d normally be pegged for.
My latest whim was to make a tart raspberry coulis to drizzle over the chocolate mug cake I made, (yes, this was all for me, at 1am in the night, and I see nothing wrong with that), but then I decided to turn it into a raspberry chia jam!
Here’s what I did:
- 2 cups raspberries
- 5 tablespoons Chia seeds
- Quarter cup of honey
- Quarter cup of Starbucks Almond flavored syrup (you can skip this and just double the honey)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mash up the raspberries in a saucepan over low heat. Don’t mash completely. You want to leave some small chunks for texture. If you’re using frozen berries, make sure they are thawed first.
- Add in everything except the chia seeds. Mix well and bring to a boil.
- Turn off heat and mix in the Chia seeds.
- Let it cool completely to room temperature and then pour it into a jar
- Refrigerate the jar overnight and your jam will be ready 🙂