I try to eat healthy at home, in an attempt to balance out the food crimes we commit on weekends.
Today I whipped up a super quick Soba Noodle dish with an Avocado Pesto. Fusion at it’s best? Indeed.
It was super simple, and turned out to be super delicious. It tasted so rich and creamy that M could not even tell it’s healthy!
Heres what I did:
Soba Noodles with Avocado Pesto
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/2 cup of boiled and chopped spinach
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 1/2 lime
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh Basil
- 1 tablespoon Feta Cheese
- 1 tablespoon Tahini Paste.
- 2 ounces boiled Soba Noodles
- Mix and mash everything except the noodles in a saucepan and heat it a little, just to make it smooth and creamy
- Toss it with the drained noodles and enjoy!
This was a first attempt, and inspired by www.secretsquirrel.com. I’m a big lover of all things avocado, so i’ll probably be playing around with this more. I might add in grilled eggplant and/or zucchini next time. A boiled egg for M, perhaps? Who knows. The kitchen is my oyster.