Summer is in full swing and all I want to have is chilled food. A chilled granola parfait for breakfast, chilled salad for meals and chilled smoothies in between. I’m also trying to cut back on eating too much junk and start eating cleaner, because all these tastings are really packing on the lbs. Let’s see how that goes, but I can at least try!
Today for lunch I whipped up a simple grilled peach and baby spinach salad. When you grill the peaches, it caramelizes the sugar and intensifies the sweetness. We all know how much I love my sugar!
I didn’t exactly use a grill, but instead a cast iron skillet and it pretty much did the job- barring the sexy grill marks we all love, of course.
Here’s what you need:
Grilled Peach and Baby Spinach Salad
- A big handful of baby spinach
- One peach, halved and grilled
- 2 tablespoons white cheese (Goat cheese is the most popular choice for a peach salad, but I absolutely despise Goat cheese, so I use Feta or any other salted, low-fat white cheese)
- 1 tablespoon pecans
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- 2-3 tablespoons balsamic dressing (50% balsamic vinegar, 50% extra virgin olive oil, and some salt if desired)
- Dump everything on a plate and dig in! Easy peasy.
Let me know if you guys try it out x