The struggle to cut down on carbs continues, as does the struggle to salvage forgotten items in the vegetable crisper. So, when I found a lone zucchini in the bottom of said crisper yesterday, I decided to put it to use and make myself some garlic parmesan zucchini chips.
Here’s what you need to do:
Garlic Parmesan Zucchini Chips
- 2 zucchini
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup parmesan cheese fine shavings
- 1/4 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Cut the zucchini in 1.4 inch, round slices.
- Mix everything except for the egg, zucchini and parmesan
- Then, coat the zucchini slices in the coconut flour mixture
- Next, submerge the floured slices in the beaten egg, one at a time
- Finally, dip the egg-washed slices into the bowl containing the parmesan cheese shavings
- Place the slices of zucchini chips on an oiled baking tray
- Bake for 7 mins, then flip the slices over, before baking for another 7 minutes.
Serve the zucchini chips with a dip of choice. I chose Peri Peri sauce.