Lately I’ve been busier than ever before. From October to December, it’s almost impossible to catch a breath in Dubai. Restaurants decide to launch; alfresco dining and outdoor terraces decide to reopen; all the PRs want to squeeze their events in before all the winter festivals, and bloggers run around like headless chickens.
The old me would have simply started eating out/ordering in more at a time like this; the new me really wants to resume home-cooking and eating in a lot more. I’m not one for meal-prep because both M and I get bored easily and
crave need variety in our meals, so no way on Earth can I bag identical meals or even ingredients for the rest of the week. Also, I crave very specific flavors, and nothing else will do when that’s the case, so the best sort of meal prep I can do is simply have various and basic ingredients ready.
Every Saturday night I’ve started placing an order for whatever fruits and vegetables I feel I’ll need during the week, and my favorite online grocer delivers them at a very reasonable rate. Also, I grill chicken breasts with very little and pretty versatile seasoning, and then I just braise it while I’m assembling my salad of the day. Since I had some pumpkin hommus in this fridge, I decided to throw together a little grilled chicken mesclun salad , rocket, and Pumpkin Hommus salad today.
Here’s all it took:
- A couple of hand-fulls of Mesclun
- 1 chicken breast (I poached extra, but you only need one per serving)
- 2 tablespoons of pumpkin hommus
- black pepper
- celery leaves
- 6-8 basil leaves (chiffonade)
- Pumpkin seeds
- Spray the pan with some cooking spray, and grill the chicken breast(s) in it.
- Once the chicken is nice and golden brown, crack pepper and salt on it, add some water and celery leaves.
- Once only a few tablespoons of water are left, mix in pumpkin hommus, and basil chiffonade.
- Slice the chicken breast, place atop the mesclun, sprinkly the berries and pumpkins seeds and enjoy.