It’s absolutely no secret that I’m a total fool for all things coconut and these coconut flour pancakes are a great alternative to the regular stuff. I don’t particularly observe a gluten-free or dairy-free diet, but I do try to eat as clean as I can, whenever I can, especially when the healthier alternatives taste so darn good.
These pancakes are not only gluten-free, in fact they’re grain-free, dairy free and can even be vegan if you swap the eggs with flax eggs. Because I love peanut butter, blueberries, and matcha, I decided to just throw in everything but the kitchen sink! instead of peanut butter, I go for a healthier and more versatile option: I get powdered peanut butter, which I can then tailor to my preferences in terms of consistency and also easily flavor with things like Matcha, wheatgrass, or even Bilberry powder.
This recipe was inspired by and made possible using the hamper of goodies I received from Earth’s Finest. It had so many coconut products and I wanted to use all of them! Two of the products that really caught my eye were the vanilla infused coconut oil (which smells like Bountry bars, and makes me want to gargle with it and then swallow it!), and the chili and garlic infused coconut oil, which I like to drizzle on toast and eat with a sprinkling of sea salt!
Earth’s Finest is a brand that isn’t just limited to coconut related products, and also produce things like chia seeds and quinoa, but their coconut products are what I end up buying most often.
There are 3 reasons for why I love Earth’s Finest:
- Their prices are super competitive and often the best the market has to offer
- Their branding is on point. I am a total and utter, complete fool for good branding. The neutral tones of their branding make the packaging very easy to integrate into my food shots, and any time the branding resonates with me, I feel like the owners are just coming from the exact same frame of thought that I am.
- Their coconut milk is the best I’ve ever had in a can. It’s great for making curries, desserts, just about everything.
Here’s the recipe:
- 1/4 cup Earth’s Finest coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 1/4-1/3 cup Earth’s Finest full fat coconut milk (depending on the consistency you’re going for)
- 2 tablespoons organic Earth’s Finest coconut oil
- 3 eggs (you can use flax eggs instead if you’d like)
- 1-2 tablespoons of honey/maple syrup/ agave nectar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (alternatively, you can just use the vanilla infused coconut oil by Earth’s finest and skip the vanilla extract altogether)
- 1 cup blueberries
- Peanut butter matcha syrup to serve (or you can use maple syrup instead). To make peanut butter and matcha syrup, just mix 2 tablespoons powdered peanut butter with one tablespoon matcha powder and 2 tablespoons of water.
- Thoroughly mix the eggs, coconut oil and honey.
- Then add in the coconut milk and vanilla extract
- Next, throw in the dry ingredients, and mix well but not too much!
- Heat a non-stick pan, and then drop the batter in, one ladle at a time. You can also use a measuring cup to ensure all the pancakes are of equal size. Depending on the size, you can make 4 big or 8 smaller pancakes.
- After pouring a ladle of batter into the pan, drop a few blueberries on top of the pancake,
- Cook on medium heat for 4-5 minutes. Carefully check the underside of the pancakes to know when to flip, because not a lot of bubbles will form on these pancakes.
- Drizzle with peanut butter and matcha syrup to serve, and sprinkle toasted coconut on top if you’re feeling super fancy.